Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Peace in the Transition

Hey Friends!  So I don't know who's out there reading, but I just finished serving in the Arizona Phoenix Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It seriously was the best experience for my life.  I've been home for 2 weeks today... And man it's been crazy.  This transition is a struggle to say the least.  On the mission, I was constantly busy, serving, loving, helping, laughing, working at helping people find happiness. And now that I'm home, I have so much TIME on my hands.  I'm striving to keep busy and productive, but it's not the same. How can you compare hearing someone pray for the first time or helping someone overcome their addiction to smoking through Christ with the accomplishment of figuring out how to use my new iPhone 5S or finally organizing that pile of old clothes in the middle of the room?  It's just not the same. My mission was the best 18 months of my life.  But God has told me that there's more for me to accomplish. More for me to do here in Alabama and in my future.  And I've realized the importance of enjoying every minute. Being home, I've enjoyed the tender mercies of teaching my little brother how to play a primary song on the piano or getting to drive with Maddie for her first time as a licensed driver.  It's those little tender mercies where the Lord reminds me, "Kaila. You're my daughter of infinite worth."  I have a purpose.  It's a little different than my purpose as a missionary, but it's just as important.  Everyday I can and must better understand and access the atonement of Jesus Christ as I serve His children and prepare to live with Him again.  I know in doing so, I'll find true happiness in this life and the life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment