Monday, June 3, 2013

Teaching How to Be a Good Stubborn

I finally have a glimpse of a parent's frustration.  It's so hard to let those younger than you make decisions that you know will have bad consequences.  As a friend or a bigger sister, you can give them advice.  You can caution them.  You can strive to fill their mind with alternate (better) ideas and options.  You can tell personal stories.  You can even shake them hoping that your little bit of wisdom might fall from their ears to their brain.  But sometimes, they still won't listen.  You want to do everything you can to make sure they don't make the same silly mistakes that you did.  But the fact is, people are stubborn and won't listen.  People will make mistakes.  We were put on this earth to live, learn, and love while we continually and constantly mess up.  I guess as a parent, a sister, a friend, I can do my best to warn those I love.  Try to help them prevent those major or even trivial mistakes. But most importantly, I want to imprint in their minds that no matter how they mess up, that it's ok.  That it is never the end of the world.  I can give them the strength to stand up again.  I can give them the confidence to face those they have offended.  I can give them perseverance to get through the trial.  I can give them the good stubborn attitude that no matter what, one can always, ALWAYS strive to be a little better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment