Tuesday, May 14, 2013

When it's Gone

The thing is, it's hard to appreciate some things you have until they are gone.  Take college for example.  I miss the fact that something is always happening and that your best friends are living with you or up the stairs.  Back home I'm surrounded by wonderful family, but it's not the same.  We've also got some Harris plague throughout our house.  Caden and Maddie have both thrown up.  My mother's back is killing her.  And my stomach and head take turns hurting.  We've all realized that we forget to appreciate our good health until well... it's not.  I don't think I fully appreciated my older brother until he left on his mission.  The fact that I can email and send letters is nice, but it doesn't replace picking up the phone and calling.  I miss his sense of humor, his great advice, his rustic, practical, easy way of life.
Although I should appreciate all in my life while I live it, sometimes it's just easier to see the blessings when they're gone.

~Quirky Kaila

No comments:

Post a Comment