Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Once a choir kid, always a choir kid.
Today I went to a choir concert. It wasn't just any choir... it was MY Grissom choir. All these crazy memories came back as I watched them perform. I felt the nerves that would threaten to overwhelm me right before I sang a solo, frustration as kids wouldn't stop talking during class, the uneasiness as we sang a song we were not completely sure of all the words. And then I felt the overwhelming happiness the people and the music brought to my life. The support and strength the choir gave to me as I struggled with my hyper thyroid. The absolute love we felt for each other and for our wonderful choir director, EG. Part of me wishes I could do it all again... but there's no way I would. The memories and feelings GHS choir left me with are perfect. I couldn't ask for better friends, a better director, better experiences, better love. Grissom choir will always be a wonderful part of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment