So I have pride. But it's a weird pride. It's not like I'm better than you kind of pride. It's a list of personal rules kind of pride. Don't understand? Let me explain.
So I'm going on a mission right? SIKED. But the thing is... I don't want to be the drab looking missionary. And I cannot. I just cannottt make myself wear the usual sister missionary shoes. They look like Cabbage Patch shoes. I already dislike my feet, it won't help putting ugly shoes on them to attract even more attention to them. So, I have too much pride to let me wear the practical sis mish shoes. I am still not quite sure what I'm going to do for a substitute... maybe some ballet flats from Target. Sounds good to me!
Then there's texting boys. I hate texting boys first. I guess I'm afraid that I will be that annoying girl that texts boys and they don't want to talk to her. That kills my pride to think someone doesn't want to talk to me. So to avoid the entire possibility, I just wait for guys to text me. You know, if they want to talk to me, they can text me, right?
I'm also proud of my cooking. So I try new recipes occasionally and um... they don't always work out. But guess what? I always eat them no matter what. I'm too proud to throw it away. I tell myself it's not really thattt bad, and eat it. I can't bare to waste food after spending all that time making it. So with a prideful smile I celebrate my efforts and eat it.
Do you kind of understand why I'm a weird prideful person? I'm not really prideful about how I look or how others perceive me. I'm just prideful about random quirky things like missionary shoes and cooking. But hey, I guess that's what makes me Quirky Kaila!
No comments:
Post a Comment