Sunday, May 19, 2013

Trying to be Productive

Since my return home from college, I've been unbelievably chill and honestly.... bored.  I try to keep busy.  I work about 3.5-4 hours every week day at the YMCA, go to all of Caden's baseball games, meet up with friends, but still find so much downtime.  I've decided to try new things and take on some new hobbies.  
Indexing is one of them.  I never was a huge fan of genealogy... I felt like it was for old people.  But I discovered it's actually pretty cool.  It's fun to see old documents and it feels like you're making a difference plugging in the information. It can be frustrating when you can't read the 1965 fancy cursive writing or find your Gramy's mother, but I'm hoping I'll improve as I continue at it.  
I've also started a t-shirt quilt!  I found a bunch of old t-shirts in my drawers and the attic and picked out a few of the ones I remember wearing all the time as a kid.  I've got shirts from soccer tournaments and teams, girls camp, cotton row run, and Grissom.  I've got all the squares cut out and now I just have to sew them together!  I'm pretty excited to see the finished project.  
So although I don't necessarily miss going to classes, taking exams, writing essays, I do miss being productive.  I'm hoping that I can just make the most of my last few months before I go on a mission! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am totally feeling the same way! Good for you to index!

    ReplyDelete