Saturday, March 2, 2013
The Right Thing
Sometimes it is easy to do the right thing. Back home, I was held to a high standard. I was the Mormon girl. I wasn't allowed to cuss, to wear bikinis, to drink coffee. I followed what I said I believed, and as a result was respected. People supported me in my standards and made sure I never faltered. With everyone rooting for me, it was easier to do the right thing. The problem is, doing the right thing isn't always easy. Oh I wish it were, but nope. Sometimes you have to do what is right for the other person involved. You have to forget about your feelings, your happiness and put them first. You have to make them realize that they need to do what is right for them. Afterwards you feel heavy, cry, second guess yourself, but really truly deep down inside, you know that what you did was right. It may not be easy now, but at least it's the right thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment