Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Those dang hard decisions
You know how hard decisions are to make? Senior year I had to choose whether I would play soccer or work at the YMCA. It seemed like such a hard decision. I chose to work at the YMCA and never looked back. I enjoyed being with those kids and spending time with family and friends. Recently I have had a much harder decision to make. Much. Harder. It consumed my thoughts. I prayed. I wrote pros and cons. I talked to my closest friends. I talked to my ma. I looked in the scriptures and a blessing. I questioned every feeling, every prompting, every thought that had ever entered my head. And the hard thing, is there isn't a wrong choice. Both are good. Both would make me happy. Both have lots of scary things, but also exciting new experiences just waiting for me. I finally made a decision. I am not totally confident with it, but I'm going to stick with it. I am not going to say doubts don't fill my mind. Things others say still strike a cord, and I doubt my feelings again. But I guess I'm stubborn. When I make up my mind, it's not changing. So my decision is final, and I refuse to question or wonder. I know I will have experiences that will help me grow. I know that I have chosen a good thing. I know the Lord will strengthen and support me in this decision. I'm putting all of my happiness, my future life, who I can become, who I will end up with, in the Lord's hands. I know He will not fail me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment