Remember me? I know ya'll, I am sorry... It's been way too long. But, I have a decent excuse... hopefully you'll accept it. I have been working steadily on my mission papers. I had a distraction for awhile, but now I don't. So the last couple weeks I have been going to doctor appointments and interviews. I finally got my stake president interview today and my papers are OFFICIALLY SUBMITTED to the Elders in Salt Lake City. I am literally BURSTINGGG with excitement. Goodness gracious.
Reflection Time
I realized the reasons why I am going on a mission-
1) I want to show my gratitude to the Lord. He has given me so many blessings in my life. He has given me trails and experiences to grow into a better person. I want to show Him my gratitude by serving Him for 18 months. I know that it is not even barely close to paying Him back, but it's a start right?
2) I know that the Lord wants me to serve a mission. On various instances, I have received a prompting that I am supposed to serve the Lord now. The Lord needs me now to serve Him, so I gladly will. I cannot deny the many promptings I have received.
3) I know that I will become a better person if I serve the Lord. I have already seen a positive change in me as I have been preparing to serve. I cannot even begin to fathom who I will become after serving the Lord 24/7. I know it will make me a better daughter. A better sister. A better friend. A better future mother. A better servant to my fellow men. A better disciple of Christ.
4) I want to share the truthfulness of this gospel to everyone. I want them to be able to receive the strength,
comfort, peace, understanding, light, knowledge, happiness that only this gospel can bring to one's life. I want others to feel the Lord's love for them and take part in the atonement. I want others to be able to be
with their families forever. I want to share the happiness that this gospel brings to my life with my fellow
brothers and sisters.
Gosh, I am so excited to share this gospel and I am grateful that I know why I am serving the Lord.
~Quirky Kaila
No comments:
Post a Comment