So today I was able to attend a devotional given by Sister Elaine S. Dalton. She was great!! It was a lot like a huge pep talk to the youth. I mean God trusts us. He trusted the 2,000 stripling warriors to protect their families. He trusted a 14 year old boy, Joseph Smith, to translate the Book of Mormon and be the first latter-day prophet. He lowered the missionary age because he knows the rising generation can handle it. He trusts His younger generations sooo much, so I should trust in his judgment and have more confidence in myself.
Miracle #1
So I usually never go to the Marriott to watch the devotionals, but I was like hey, it's THE general young women's president so I trudged through the freezing cold air and the stream of BYU students and watched the devotional. I found out later that they didn't broadcast it to any of the other buildings on campus. If I hadn't seized the opportunity to see one of God's great servants, I would've totally missed out.
Miracle #2
So after the devotional, I hurried back to my class. As I was down the hall with maybe 3 minutes before class started, I remembered I still had to print off a paper. Now my class is in the back hall of the basement of the JFSB. I was like crap. I don't know where a printer is! Then I looked up and there is a copy room. Who knew they had a fancy printer/copy/scanner room in the JFSB basement? I was able to print off my paper and get to class only 1 minute late.
Most would say these were just coincidences. I had a lucky day. But I disagree. Ya, they're little things, but they were miracles in my little life. Some wonderful examples of the tender mercies of the Lord.
Recognize the little miracles in your life. There's a lot more than you think.
~Quirky Kaila
No comments:
Post a Comment