Thursday, January 24, 2013

Me...A crier? Yep. It's true.

I've never been a huge crier.  I'm one of those tough girls that refuses to cry when I stub my toe or get kicked in the shin or a girl calls me a name.  I'm one of those girls that likes everyone to think that I'm always happy. No matter what.  I always saw crying as a sign of weakness. And I don't like being weak.  What can I say, I'm a strong woman.  So, today I had this epiphany... an epiphany that kind of disturbed me at first.  I realized that I cry like all the time now.  But I'm not crying because I'm sad.  I cry when I read the scriptures and feel the spirit.  I cry when my dad texts me a song that reminded him of me and I listen to it.  I cry when I walk around campus and am overcome with a feeling of gratitude.  I cry when I reminisce about old memories.  But all my tears are happy. So I guess I'm ok with this new epiphany. I can be ok with crying as long as it's a happy cry.  So, if I'm considered weak because I cry when I'm happy, I'll live.

Be happy,
Kaila

No comments:

Post a Comment