Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Second Semester here I comeee!

So here's the run down on my winter semester: MONDAY Book of Mormon: We have a 10-week project throughout the semester that I'm really excited about. We get to choose ANYTHING that will help us grow spiritually as long as we tie it somehow to the second part of the BoM. We just have to spend 1 hour a week on it, and then write a little paper on our experience. I think I'm going to start memorizing scripture mastery. I don't know if I'll be reciting them in English in a year, but it will be nice to be familiar with them! Physical Science: My class is HUGE. Like 400+ huge. The professor seems like he'll make the class bearable... because science is so not my thing Mission Prep: I'M STOKED ABOUT THIS CLASS. My professor has lived out of the country for the last 26 years in mostly developing countries. The past 3 years he served as a mission president in India. We have quite a lot to do in the class but I'm ready for it. I have to read the whole BoM and mark any scriptures about Christ, doctrine, and mission application. I also have to keep a scripture journal. It was also really cool because the class has just as many girls as guys. I'm ready to spiritually grow! TUESDAY Rhythm and Dance: Oh goodness... I know. Me? Dance? Well it's for my elem ed major and yes I feel way awkward. We learned a polka today and I'm pretty sure I'm as good as a 5th grader. Then we partnered up to learn about "negative" and "positive" space and who is my partner? A dance minor... poor girl. I was so lost. The instructor is a free spirit and totally reminds me of Kelly Kinard. Weird, but ya. Writing 150: Meh. I don't know if I'm going to like this class. It only has like 15 people. I think I like bigger classes I can get lost in better, but we'll see how the semester goes. Human Development: This class is almost all girls. Which makes sense because we're learning about kids, but still It's nice to have something (or someone) to glance occasionally over at when the lecture starts to drag... But maybe less distractions will be better for me. So the semester looks like a good, but a hard one... I'll just do my best and hopefully my hard work will pay off. Scattering joy, Quirky Kaila

No comments:

Post a Comment