"How are you doing?" This question is ever present in our society today. It is always one of the first things that comes out of my mouth when I see someone. I don't have a problem with the question. No, I believe that it is polite and gets a conversation started. It's almost a necessity in daily conversation. My problem is the response. Almost everyone responds with, "I'm doing good." And what is even more startling to me is when I'm asked this same question, I also answer "I'm doing good." This simple response is branded into my brain. When I ask that question, I expect truth, and I'm sure that my friends feel the same. And I believe I am usually doing more than just good. I'm usually great! Or fantastic! Or sleepy. Or spiritually-empowered (when I leave mission prep class). Or annoyed. Or excited. Or nervous. Or HAPPY. Most of the time, I am happy. I want to change my automatic answering to this question to something that better represents my actual mood. And maybe, just maybe I'll shake society a little with my happiness.
More than good,
Quirky Kaila
No comments:
Post a Comment