Sunday, February 3, 2013

Singles Ward

So last night a group of friends and I watched the Singles Ward.  Singles Ward is a movie that blows every Mormon stereotype way out of proportion, and it is hilarious.  You've got the overly excited kid to go on a mission, the jello with carrots, the AWFUL young single adult dances, etc.  It definitely is a movie for a good laugh...
I'm also in a singles ward.  Freshmen singles ward with a few RMs.  2 buildings of girls and 1 building of boys.  In testimony meeting we have the criers, the 10 minute storiers, the soft-spoken pep talk, but luckily no awkward pauses.  Everyone is eager to bare their testimony.  Our mission prep class is twice the size of our Sunday school and currently probably has more girl attendees than guys.  And then Relief Society.  It consists of about 100 girls- it's a miracle we don't have any cat fights.  We get nice serve, be happy, visit teach lessons.  Oh and occasionally we'll get a lesson about marriage by our stake president.  He told us (jokingly I think) that we need to find a well to find our husband.  We're supposed to liken the scriptures to ourselves, but I don't feel like I'll be finding my husband at a well like Isaac and Rebekah. And he informed us that if "the one" doesn't love his home teachees we need to say "see ya." I mean over all it was a good lesson, but I'm sooo not thinking about marriage right now.  Maybe that's why everything he said seemed a little silly.

I guess I like being in a singles ward, though...I get some good stories out of it.
~Quirky Kaila

No comments:

Post a Comment