Monday, February 18, 2013

Making a Difference

I believe that everyone can make a difference.  It may be a little difference, or it could be a HUGE difference.  But, not matter the size, it is a difference.  It's interesting to me how the Lord will use us as His hands to make a difference in this world.  You see, He has the big picture.  He knows what will truly help a struggling friend and what experiences will help us grow into someone better.  We must be his humble servants and be open to his promptings.  I have a group of YW back home that I miss.  I grew up with many of the girls and developed a strong love for each and every one of them.  The program is struggling and it brought me to tears to hear about the drama involved.  I asked the Lord what I could do to help these girls.  My first ideas I knew where not the Lord's will.  I was overstepping my boundaries and I did not see how it could make anything better.  As I knelt on my knees I realized I should write letters.  I should express to each of these girls that I loved them.  I asked questions about their personal lives and how they were doing overall.  I also shared some advice and my testimony.  I hope I never came off preachy.  I tried to stay in tuned to the Spirit as I wrote, and many times I know He was telling me what to say.  I am hoping through this simple act of love that these girls will understand that someone out in Utah loves them and is rooting for them in this hectic world.  I hope that they will find love and support from each other.  I hope that I can make a difference in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment