One downfall about being at college is the lack of little kids. I've always been a fan of kids. I have two younger siblings that always keep me on my toes. We've had so many great memories with rocks and creeks, lunch dates, being silly in sacrament meeting (don't judge), late night hikes, shopping trips (poor Caden always gets dragged with me shopping), car rides, and much more. I am especially missing them and the rest of my family this break. Sometimes it's just not fair that I am a 24 hour drive from my siblings and many of my friends only have a 15 min-2 hr drive back home. I also miss my crazy kids at the YMCA. Man they stressed me out every day, but we always had a lot of fun. I knew I was respected by these kids, and I respected them too. They taught me how to handle all sorts of situations. They taught me how to love and how to be stern. They taught me to see the best in others, because truly everyone can be good. We all make mistakes. We all struggle. We all may wander from the path of goodness. But everyone deserves a second chance. Kids are good at forgiving others, and I can learn from their examples. Kids have a special light, energy, love, happiness about them that helps me smile. I think that's why I love kids. Their smiles, make me smile. And I promise, smiling is good!
Enjoy the munchkins around you,
QUIRKY Kaila
No comments:
Post a Comment